That was pretty good. The graphics are tits.
To complete the (uncompleted) audio credits:
"Punching Dogs" by Ryan8bit
"Metal Gear May Cry" by Jared Hudson
It has a nice conclusion.
You should credit Chris Stewart (Constant Mind) and the Minibosses for their songs...
Nice work, oh, left-handed One
OH SHIT. THERION!!!
And the movie is really bad-ass. Don't blame yourself if most in Newgrounds don't have a psy-paranormal-spirituality the quality of a *true* metal-fan. ;) Great work.
Potential for being a Legendary game/series
- Kudos on the stellar presentation: plenty of fluid animations, detailed graphics & background parallaxes and a deliciously atmospheric and fitting soundtrack.
- The Eagle's tag team-style gameplay elements is a really nice touch (it's also quite useful to just look around and see if you can drop down a pit safely or if it's filled with spikes).
- Great blend of platforming and puzzles.
- Challenge level is probably right for reaching a greater audience: not too easy so that the player is bored/going through the motions, but not challenging like Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden games so that some players couldn't progress much into it.
- Overall, quite a stunning game!
Could be improved/change (these are really minor compared to the good):
- For all the time and effort you spent drawing, coding, etc, you should fix the spelling mistakes ("Speical points", "Signiture moves", "miracale" and so forth) which would only take a moment compared to the rest.
- This is only my opinion, but the "Lololol!" in the Spinning Agile's description feels out of place in a game that has a serious tone throughout otherwise.
These options would be handy:
- Button configuration to swap the "WASD" and Arrows keys around for players who prefers to use WASD to move a character.
- Some parts seems to be more graphic-intensive (frame rate drops a bit for me and I have a good computer, so a slower computer would probably get choppy), so a quality option could be useful as well.
The best gameplay in Flash yet
I think I haven't reviewed something on Newgrounds in years, but your game is so great that I just had to.
The gameplay is just really smooth and responsive, which makes for an absolutely great and gratifying gaming experience. The fact that there are completely customizable controls is a huge plus, and everyone should always do that. Great selection on the soundtrack, metal songs which reminds more of the great MegaMan X soundtracks.
Here are the things that I would change or fine-tune:
1) Like some other mentioned, make Zero and the enemies "flash" for less time.
2) Since you can press Enter to enter the pause/Elf-selection menu, it'd be nice to be able to get out of it with Enter as well. Currently, we must use our mouse for that, and then move the mouse away from the gameplay area right after we clicked. Perhaps in the final version of your game, the whole pause menu should be "navigate-able" by using the keyboard.
3) It'd be nice to have an option to play at 200X size. Check out Megaman VS Metroid (newgrounds dot com/portal/view.php?id=124070 ) to see what I mean.
Otherwise, you got a kickass game, and since I suppose you're done with the engine, then you can tackle the fun part: make tons of stages!
To Atnas: there is a hard mode once you complete the normal mode. It also saves that you completed the game, so you can tackle hard at a later time. Although hard mode removes things like charging up the weapons and the sword combo...
This is a pretty decent game. What would be nice is that you can see your target when "ducking" but maybe that'd make it too easy, but IRL, anyone targets a gun right away. Another thing is that, when you die and you start over, the gameover music overlap for a bit, so you should put a "stop music" when the gameplay beings.
I don't this game is too hard, here are some tips:
Like the author mentioned: keep an eye out for health packs. There's an health pack in every rooms except in the staircase part so you might just have missed it because it's a small white case. Before taking out the last enemy, shoot the health pack or you'll lose it. When ducking, you can aim your gun (even if you don't see the crosshair) then get out and shoot then duck again to aim the next opponent. Once arriving the next room, duck right away, reload if necessary, then do the same procedure. Quite easy.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.